Map of Semiconductor Fabs
Did you ever wonder where your favorite chip is made? Or maybe you're considering getting into the fab business and want to know what language to learn. This map displays the locations of semiconductor fabs owned by various major companies.
Click a country to zoom in. Click and drag a box to zoom a particular area. To zoom out, click Zoom Out, click a body of water, or right-click and choose Zoom Out. Mouse over points to get more information. See Help: Maps for more.
All locations are approximate, but should be very close. This map only shows wafer fabs, and not other production facilities such as package and testing facilities.
Now displaying 150 fabs, representing 41 companies.
- Analog Devices
- Chartered Smiconductor (Chartered)
- Global Foundries (spun off from AMD)
- IM Flash Technology (IMFT), joint Micron-Intel venture
- International Rectifier
- National Semi
- NXP (formerly part of Philips)
- ON Semiconductor
- Qimonda (formerly part of Infineon)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation (SMIC)
- STMicroelectronics (STMicro)
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC)
- TECH Semiconductor (TECH Semi)
- Texas Instruments (TI)
- Tower Semiconductor/Jazz Semicondcutor
- United Microelectronics Corporation (UMC)
Colors are chosen based on official logos, websites, etc., but have sometimes been changed to create stronger visual contrast. Constructive suggestions on color selection are appreciated.
Don't see a company listed? Know of a fab owned by one of these companies that has been excluded? Please let us know where a fab is (we need information provided by the company), and we will be happy to add it.
Only wafer fabs are shown, and in general only CMOS, bipolar, memory (Flash, NAND, NOR), and similar fabs have been included. Plants that make only LCDs, for instance, have been excluded. Every company that has made iSuppli's or Gartner's list of the top semiconductor companies in the last decade (and many that haven't) is covered, except Sharp. If you have solid information on Sharp's facilities, please pass it on to us.
Not a good size for you? View this map full screen (doesn't work in Internet Explorer; sorry).